Since the World Trade Center disasters of 2001, airport security has become one of the most important and troublesome ordeals for those who travel by air. Not only does the check-in system cause delays and inconveniences, but each time we go through security we’re reminded that there are crazies out there somewhere who want to murder innocent people for political and religious reasons.
Because of the constant threat, it’s essential that each traveler does everything possible to make the airport security check-in process as smooth and trouble-free as possible. Some tips may help ease the way along with Palma airport transfers reviews to help you with your transportation needs:
- Get to the airport early. Be there from one to two hours before flight time. This will save you the worry and hassle of rushing through crowds, waiting in long lines to check your luggage, actually going through the security process,d and other tasks that need extra time.
- Always have your airline ticket and ID ready to show at the airport entrance and in the security check-in line. Avoid fumbling in clothing or bags to find these essential items. Keep them in your hand or in an upper, outer pocket for instant show.
- For quick and easy check-ins, wear loose, comfortable outer clothing and shoes. They should be quick and easy to take off and put into the plastic boxes on the security beltway to the x-ray process.
- For documents and other items that must go through the x-ray, a coat or jacket with several outer and inner pockets can be a convenience. It should have buttoned or zippered pockets for wallets, glasses, metal objects, and other valuables.
- If you bring a laptop, be sure it’s out of its case when you put it in the plastic box before it goes through the x-ray security process.
- Before you go to the airport, check with your travel agent or carefully read the (TSA) Transportation Security Agency rules about items not permitted on flights, as well as those which must be packed in specific ways.
- If you’re taking a carry-on through security, pack it so that various clothing and other items are packed in easy to see clear, plastic bags. If a security agent decides to go through the bag, it will go more quickly and be easier for you to straighten it up again.
- If you’re elderly, handicapped, in a wheelchair or otherwise have difficulty with the check-in process, have a letter with you from your doctor explaining your situation, and requesting special consideration. This may allow you to go through security more quickly, as well as board your flight early.
Airport security check-in can be a very stressful experience. However, if you do everything possible to comply with requirements, have patience and consideration for the airport people there to help you, the ordeal may go much more smoothly.